Our chair is always looking for motivated students to act as tutors in the courses we teach. In particular, we are usually offering positions for the following courses and semesters:
- Concepts of Computer Science (Informatik 1), every winter term (starting in WS19/20)
- Database Systems (Datenbanksysteme), every summer term
- Concepts of Programming (Informatik 2), every winter semester (starting in WS19/20)
These Hiwi jobs typically include both grading of student submissions as well as holding a weekly tutorial.
In addition to teaching positions, we also offer Hiwi jobs in our research projects. These are opportunities to work in a research context, get creative while solving hard problems, and usually are very programming-intensive. Additionally, they offer a great way to look into a particular topic before deciding on a Bachelor's or Master's project!
The working hours are very flexible. We usually offer jobs ranging from 20-40 hours per month. Access to a dedicated working place is possible if available.
Extending Minibase's Query Evaluator
- Integration of existing query processor code into the new Minibase architecture
- Bachelor or Master student
- Basic experience in Java programming
- Course on Database Systems (INF-12040 or equiv.)
- Able to produce high-performance Java code
- Course on Database System Architecture and Implementation (INF-20210 or equiv.)
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility for project/thesis
- Becoming a better programmer
- Best coffee at the University