Areas of Interest
Theodoros' research is focused in the area of spatial-network databases. He is particularly interested in route planning problems such as distance and shortest path query processing, alternative routing and multi-criteria optimization, on transportation networks. Theodoros has also contributed to the development of MoTrIS, a prototype service-oriented platform for multimodal transportation networks, in collaboration with IDM Südtirol. More recently, he has also started working on the field of data quality and, in particular, the relative correctness of spatio-textual data.
Theodoros studied computer science in his home country of Greece. He obtained his 4-year BSc degree in Computer Science and Technology with a focus on Software Systems from the Department of Computer Science and Technology of the University of Peloponnese in 2009, and his MSc degree in Advanced Information Systems from Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the National Kapodistrian University of Athens in 2013.
In 2013, Theodoros was awarded a PhD fellowship from the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano and he started his PhD at the Faculty of Computer Science. In 2017, he completed successfully his PhD studies and received a doctorate for his thesis entitled Efficient Algorithms for Route Planning Problems on Road Networks. After his doctorate, he continued working as a postdoctolar researcher at the Faculty of Computer Science until December 2017, when he joined the University of Konstanz.
- "Efficient Route Planning on Road Networks", DFKI Berlin, Germany, December 2015
- "Exploring Graph Partitioning for Shortest Path Queries on Road Networks", Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany, February 2015
- Web-chair of the 30th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM'18), 2018
- 11th International Conference on Advanced Geographic Information Systems, Applications, and Services, 2019
- 3rd ACM SIGSPATIAL Student Research Competition (2018)
- 2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on Recommendations for Location-based Services and Social Networks (LocalRec'18), 2018
- 1st Workkshop on Data Engineering meets Intelligent Food and COoking Recipe (DECOR'18), 2018
- 1st ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on Recommendations for Location-based Services and Social Networks (LocalRec'17), 2017
- ADBIS Workshop on Novel Techniques for Integrating Big Data (BigNovelTI'17)